In order to measure your marketing effectiveness, you can start with the analytics and data from your business website through Google Analytics. Here are some of the important indicators that I have compiled according to my personal experience, you can refer to for monitoring and analysis:
- Unique visitor: This is the number of individuals who visited your website during a specific period of time (this month, the previous year, etc.). This number will vary depending on the size of your business, category, as well as the amount of content on your website.
- Page views: The number of pages a visitor clicks on per unit of time. If your page views are higher than the number of unique visitors, it means that customers find your website interesting, valuable. (For example: visitors click to view one of your blog posts, then they will view 2-3 more posts on the page, so with 1 unique visitor, you get 4 page views)
- Search engine traffic: The amount of traffic to your page through search results on Google. This number will help you see the effectiveness of the content that you have invested in your site.
- Bounce rate: The percentage that visitors then exit to your site, without clicking on other pages. A bounce rate below 40% can be considered quite good.
- Conversion rate: The percentage of visitors who come to your page and take something you want them to do, like sign up, etc.As A1 mentioned above, this conversion rate per business. is different, but an average of 2-3% is considered to be quite good, and for sites like a landing page this can be up to 5% or more.
- Inbound link: The number of external links (links outside of your website), this indicator shows that your content is “quality” and makes people click. The more number of “quality” inbound links, the higher your content will rank on Google.
Để đo lường những chỉ số này, thì bạn cần phải có tài khoản Google Analytics, và khi người dùng hoàn thành một hành động nào đó hoặc tương tác với website của bạn, từ xem bài viết, thoát trang, họ đến từ đâu, v.v đều được đưa hết vào Google Analytics.